Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Oh everyone believes/ in how they think it oughta be/ oh everyone believes/ and they're not goin quietly.."

As you may have noticed, last night was New Year's Eve. The night for ROWDY PARTIES. Following in that honourable tradition, my family watched Wall-E. And to top it off, we had popcorn. Living on the wild side, I know. Then Fraulein and I watched Stick It, which was entertaining. In retrospect, if has occurred to me that I've never actually gone to a "New Year's Party." Probably because I've gone to very few parties in general. Ahem. But after the countdown, I happily received a phone call from Em, Moon Unit, and Moon Unit's friend Zaktrik. They're in EST, so they had an hour and a half to spare for chatting, which was very fun. Though I'm afraid, due to the hour, I wasn't very coherent. *offers apologies*

Something that I forgot to mention, is that PT was home for Christmas, and then his GF came to visit for several days afterwards. I chiefly forgot to mention it because it was so natural to have them around. They're both very fun people. And I'm not just saying that becuase PT's my brother. :D

Seeing the date, I suppose this is the time for me to offer up some New Year's Resolutions, eh?
  1. I have eight grand left on my debt, and I'd like to have that gone by the time I've been at my new job a year. Yes, that works out to a grand a month, with one month's leeway. 
  2. Finish Expendables! I want to get that story out of my head, and one edit done. At least fix the chronological issues, for example.
  3. Get into some kind of shape other than couch potato, and stay in that non-potato shape.
  4. Oh, and work on being contented where God has placed me. I need to learn to stop fretting to be somewhere else; if God wanted me to be in another place, I'd be there. :D
That's the only things that come to mind, but I think they'll be challenging enough to try and pull off. 

No comments:

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter