Friday, February 13, 2009

"I'm not quite down with the way they roll/ they throw knives from their eyes at my parasol."

Si vales, valeo!

I bought an airline ticket! Moreover, it is not Air Canada, which causes me much joy. My, it is nice knowing that if my flight gets canceled due to flooding or bomb threats or freak snow storms of mechanical failure, I am covered. Not that getting stuck in airports isn't interesting, but it does also tend to mess up the schedule. 

And why, you ask, did I buy an airline ticket? Was it just for the wonderful experience of modern economy air travel? No, I answer, it was not. You see, on Monday I was startled to find out that I get paid vacation time at work, and I needed to figure out when I was taking it. Like, NOW I needed to figure out when I was taking time off. Cue me sitting on my bed staring at a schedule and panicking. One of the options I was leaning towards was popping over to Europe for a week and climbing around castles. However, traveling Europe alone, for my first Vacation, (read: I'm not an experienced traveler), didn't really seem safe. I need someone to watch my luggage while I'm on the train, and stuff. And I was unable to find someone to commit to European travel for a week in the summer on twenty minutes notice. *sigh* People are so unimaginative, all hung up about work terms, and internships, and money, and study terms.... Just jesting, you know I jest. Well, not about the not being able to find someone, but about the fact that I am vexed at people for not being available for two weeks in England. *cough* 

Moving on! The next option that came to mind was; Visit People! It was right about then that I remembered that my College, (Augustine College- you should go), has a graduation this year. Just like last year, in fact. However, this year I am an Alumnus- Alumna- Alumnas- I am a person who has successfully graduated, and the fact that I remember none of my Latin has absolutely no bearing on that fact. Moreover, it is an Augustinian tradition, of sorts, to attend later graduations in full stately robes and sarcasm, and pat the students fondly on their sleep-deprived heads. ALSO, (yes, there were more reasons,) Em is still at the college, Moon Unit is in town and will be attending, Moon Unit's friend Zaktrik is graduating, Lord willing, and some of the other alumni might be there as well! 


Then, I looked at air costs for the two days I was going to be traveling. Lo and behold, not only were the two flights the lowest fares within 28 days, what with airline costs and such the cost of the ticket was still just covered by my shiny new Visa card. At this point, I was clearly receiving divine signs. And who am I to tamper in the divine plan? I bought the tickets. :D

All joking aside, though, I am continually amazed at how obvious and easy things are when that's what God wants me to do/where God wants me to be. Problems just take one look at me and melt away. 

Anyway, that's my news. And I'm excited to travel and take my first ever professional vacation, and I'm trying not to count down the days from TOO far in advance. 

4 comments:

Bahnree said...

ST LUCKY MCLUCKYFACE!!!! I WANNA GOOOOO

Snazel said...

I WANNA YOU GO TOOOOO!!!!!!!

Kemendraugh said...

YES!
I is counting down the days for you. As is Zaktrik, and Em, I'm sure.
I'm sorry, Steph. I really really really wish you could come to *is sad* The Unholy Trinity NEEDS you.

Pine Cone Boy said...

Whoa... guys... that's not funny... I dunno if Blackburn Avenue could survive a reunion of the Unholy Trinitarians...

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter