Friday, January 7, 2011

Out and about the city on my day off! :D

I had the day off from work today, so I decided to go grocery picking in Belbins. ^_^ Because they deliver food, and I had the intention of buying ten pounds of flour, among other things, and I am pitifully weak in the chest and the arms and the muscles. *collapse at the mere IDEA of carrying flour*

So after some serious time spent staring at the internet until I realized the reason I was feeling dull might have something to do with the fact that I'd only eaten (very) crispy bacon and cookies, and then I went to buy some coffee and a bagel. And at that point I was halfway there, so I kept walking! ^_^

BTW, you can click on any picture to see it BIG. If that floats your boat.

I walked past this, which is the outside of the High Court. They have what looks like a moat, three stories deep, with barred windows opening into it and a rusted cage at the top. Very cheering, I'm sure.



Another view of the cage. 

This is Belbins! It's just in a residential area, and then you come to this house that has a glass front. They've been in business for over a century.

Click to see bigger.
They have SO MANY KINDS of marmalade. I went with Lemon Curd. As one does.

And the meat section, next to the veal, is ground ostrich. We're in the big city now, guys!

Should I get duck liver or Bison Burgers? Choices, choices. 

What, no CHOCOLATE jelly roll? WHAT IS THIS LACK OF OPTIONS?

Oh, there are multiple varieties of mushrooms, and fruit salads. It's all good. 

And then I walked on, and found this row of houses, which I WANT for my OWN. They're so tiny and cute! And old and stepped!

Then I walked along Water street, where a strange *thing* was.

A closeup of the *thing.*

They put the high-rises on stilts here, to keep up with the hills. 
:D :D

And I just really liked this wall, which is why you get a picture of it.

BEST STREET NAME EVER? I THINK SO.

 
My iphone took this picture twice, and I couldn't decide which one I like better. So you get both. I'm generous like that!

This was just a random shed that delighted me. I'd just gotten an idea for a story, so a lot of things delighted me.

Like this cafe, sticking out of the side of the building. 

And this, which is actually a legal street. It just is not car-friendly. 
St. John's: Where they discriminate against motor vehicles!

And this guy was busking, with bagpipes. You could hear him for a full kilometre. 

This is a t-shirt I saw for sale. I don't understand why someone would want to wear it, but more power to them?

And my groceries, safely delivered to my house once I was home! Huzzah!

2 comments:

beamsofcolor said...

I love you adventures!! That row of houses , which you want----I told Daddy that very thing last time we were in town!! WE need those! ;) The street was being paved then and was very unfriendly--I see it has improved. Prices just went up!!!

Love you!

Snazel said...

Ah, maybe I got my love of interesting houses with excessive personality from my family, then!

And yes, we missed our chance to buy cheap! Darn it! :PD

<3

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter