Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"You can take twenty minutes to balance as long as you get the referrals!" *nervous titter of laughter*

Today was my first day of work!

*bites nails*

All my much-hyped expectations didn't come to pass, as I didn't miss my ride, (with my BOSS,) I didn't fail excessively in front of any customers, I didn't get a stomach ache from nerves, and I didn't fail to balance. Also, there's a Tim Hortons right next to the bank and a thrift store across the ways and everyone was very nice and fun and lovely.

Why yes, that does mean that my lively hopes for the day were pretty much dashed. But I think I'll get over it. :D

And then I went home, and looked at my Supplies For Living, and found them sorely lacking in several key areas. So I decided to go up to the drug store and get some necessary things! (I took pictures, trusting again that my brain would be SORELY LACKING.)



Look what one of my landlords left me as a parting/housewarming gift!

These are the necessary supplies for walking. Wallet, Tea, pen, whistle, light, and keys.
The bamboo stalks are just for decoration.

My drug store! It's very deluxe.

Then I walked on a bit further, by St. Clare's Mercy Hospital. It's been around for a while, as you can tell by the name, and they do a Memory Tree. You can pay for a light, and they'll put the name of whoever you're lighting it in memory of up on a board.
There were a lot of names.

Isn't the weather PRETTY?

And oh yes, here are the Necessary Things I needed to get. :D

2 comments:

Bahnree said...

Band-aids and Chips Ahoy are definitely essential!

Snazel said...

I'm GLAD we agree.

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter