Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Can we go ride the train? Can we?

Day: 2
Date: 19/07/08
Event: To Toronto


We made it to the mainland! The little girls went from exclaiming over the size of the St. John's airport and begging to ride the elevator- to riding a monorail between terminals in Toronto and swimming in the pool, (which is part of the hotel (which is part of the airport)). I think they're having a good time.

We had breakfast in the St. John's hotel this morning, which for our family costs a whopping $100.00, and headed off to the airport. The lady at the check-in was rather surprised to see that among 12 people only 5 piece of luggage were checked, but what can I say? We're a special family. We also almost all managed to be carrying gels or liquids in our carry-ons, so we had to pull the convoy over and repack the lip balm, toothpaste, etc. But everyone made it through check-in and security without incident-

and then Gid dropped his boarding his pass down the heating vent. Hmmmmmm.... Thankfully Daddy worked his usual wonders in convincing people behind counters, and a new boarding pass was printed for him. *sigh of relief*

The actual flight was pleasantly uneventful. And far from being Delayed, we arrived 10 minutes early! We were flying Air Canada, so I was, understandably I think, skeptical of that happening. On the flight I watched Vantage Point, which was a very enjoyable movie. However, there was a large enough body count that I don't think I'd watch it at home. But it was good. I just especially liked the little news blurb at the end, which was entirely not what had happened. *glee* My devious soul was pleased within me.

Once we had landed the pilots of the plane allowed all the little ones, and even the big ones of our family to sit in the cockpit and pose for pictures. But that thrill was almost overshadowed by the sheer magnitude of Toronto Airport. Moving sidewalks! Massive Hallways! Escalators! Baggage carousals! And- the biggest thrill- a monorail train to our hotel. I think we were all thrilled with that train. And I want one for my own. It was all futuristic glass and private compartments, zipping over highways and parking garages. There wasn't even a driver, it was completely automated. *wistful sigh*

Right. Yes. *cough* So, we checked into the hotel, which is quite sumptuous, and scouted out the terminal next door. Was this just an excuse to ride the train? Um, yes. :P However, we did find a little food court which we then returned to, with Daddy and the money, for supper.

I am writing this by the side of the pool, as the official Adult which allows my non-adult siblings to swim. I was a spoilsport and didn't swim. :D Now the young ones are going up to bed, and PT, Fraulein and myself are going to ride the train again and check out the bustling Toronto night life. (We're going to the food court for Frozen Yogurt.)

Ciao!

2 comments:

Bahnree said...

Dads have magical powers. It's true.

Haven't seen Vantage Point. *puts it on list*

There is an awful lot of trains in these blogs. You-you-train-hogger!!!

That's the kind of night life I'm talking about!!

Kemendraugh said...

*note to self, watch Vantage Point.
*breathes a sigh of relief* I'm so glad Dads have magical powers. That would have been most annoying and stressful!
Monorails sound awesome, and would appeal to the sci-fi nerd within me, but they also creep me out, for the same reason. What if the A.I takes over the system and then the world!? It'll be the Matrix all over! AUGH! The robots have the phone box!
...
*ahem* Right. And dude! Frozen Yogurt?! You party animal you! Sure know how to make the most of Toronto's attractions, dontcha?

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter