Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"My pursuit of information knows no shame."

Day: 6
Date: 23/07/08
Event: Animal Kingdom and More


Today I entered and exited 3 theme parks, rode 3 monorails and 2 buses, ate in 1 restaurant, took 2 taxis and 6 rides. I also saw an ant-eater, discussed the mindset and propaganda machine that is the Disney entity, and drank three cups of coffee. Oh, and I saw a cute guy in the line behind me in Dinoland.

The day's plan of attack;
  • Arrive at Animal Kingdom with Family, Split up
  • Ride the two rides in Dinoland USA. (ish)
  • Meaner over to "Asia" and ride Expedition Everest. (awesome)
  • Book it out of the park and take a bus to Epcot.
  • Sidle along to Mexico and eat lunch, pausing for a discussion of Pleasure, Pain, and Utility.
  • March out of Epcot and take two monorail to Magic Kingdom.
  • Fight our way over to Tomorrowland, ride Indy Speedway. (meh)
  • Be sucked into Space Mountain. (great)
  • Persevere across the park into Splash Mountain. (good)
  • Elbow our way out of Magic Kingdom, stopping to buy ice cream from a bearded woman from Hati.
  • Gawk at an amazing barbershop quartet by the gate.
  • Take a monorail and a bus back to Animal Kingdom.
  • Meet up with Mommy, Daddy and the small ones.
  • Taxi to the Hotel.
  • Order in Chinese food and discuss the jaw-dropping efficiency and pervasiveness of Disney.

And now some quotes from the past 6 days.

Walrus's idea of smalltalk: "Oh, I just noticed! Your legs are really hairy!"

Gail (A nurse back home): "Mickey loves everyone, even if you haven't met him before."
Daddy: "Actually, Mickey is just an actor in a plastic suit. And he's probably dying of heat stroke, which is why his smile is painted on."

Person 1 in line: "And when you have the whole Big Mac meal, it's over a thousand calories."
Person 2: "Don't think about that! You only die once, so you may as well enjoy yourself."

Taxi Driver: "And after 9/11 none of the Americans were flying, so the Brits kept this town alive. Of course, they're used to fighting the NRA, so Al Queda was no biggie."

Gid, with a big grin; "I ate you!"

Gid: "I have lightning shoes!"

Me, draping myself over a balcony: "I'm going into Internet withdrawal."

Walrus: "I'm drinking jelly beans!"

Mommy: "Well, Gid saw a dragonfly, Lacey saw a Giraffe, and Snazel saw a cute guy; so the day was a success."

Daddy: "This whole experience is the kind of thing which requires years of prior conditioning- which we don't have. Which might be why we're a little skeptical of the $20 pirate mouse ears."

Sam, riding down the freeway. "Car! Car! Car! Car! Car! Car?"
PT: "No, that's a truck."
Sam: "Oh. Truck! Truck! Truck! Truck!"

4 comments:

Bahnree said...

I'm curious as to what a "resultant" is.

[Me, draping myself over a balcony: "I'm going into Internet withdrawal."]
Poor Snazel. :(

[Mommy: "Well, Gid saw a dragonfly, Lacey saw a Giraffe, and Snazel saw a cute guy; so the day was a sucess."]
Sounds like a successful day to me!!

[Daddy: "This whole experience is the kind of think which requires years of prior conditioning- which we don't have. Which might be why we're a little skeptical of the $20 pirate mouse ears."]
Yeah. Yeah. DisneyWorld truly is another world. What I find disturbing is the people who go to World or Land EVERY STINKING YEAR!

Snazel said...

oops. *shy*

Fixed the typos now. *saunters away whistling*

Kemendraugh said...

Sure, he was cute, but did he have cool hair? Hmmm? That's the deciding factor. That, and interesting eyes, but most people don't like it if you stare into their eyes with an odd, half smile on your face. Either they don't like it, or they make a pass at you, and it all goes downhill from there. Not that I would know from experience or anything.
Internet is a drug. High speed, doubly so.
Awww! I totally wanna drink jellybeans! That sound like one of the most disgusting things ever! I love it!
And your dad and Sam are awesome. Truck Truck Truck!
Yes, I agree. Pretty successful, but me being me, I'd side with Lacey on this one. Giraffes are much better than cute guys. They're all spotty and fuzzy and THEY have Awesome eyes! ^_^
...
This is why I am destined to be the spinster aunt, isn't it? ;)

Snazel said...

Kendra, he did have cool hair, somehwat shaggy and sun-stiped. And he had good eyes, and glasses, which I approve of. And you CAN stare at someone's eyes with an odd, half smile if you use two mirrors. :D

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter