Friday, May 8, 2009

My Good People! I missed my introduction!

So, how far am I caught up? Oh yes, through Tuesday. So what glittering social occasion did Snazel and Moon Unit and entourage attend next? 

We ran errands. And it was fun. :D Wednesday, we hung out talked, ate waffles, watched Stargate and washed dishes at Rose's house until lunchtime. Then we made our way over to where Moon Unit's family was, and shopped for groceries and sundry assorted things for one of Moon Unit's siblings birthday party on Saturday. (Read- we browsed the electronics section, the book room and EB games while shopping took place.) And in the evening Moon Unit and I watched A Knight's Tale, which was hilarious,

Jocelyn: Sir Ulrick. What are you wearing to the ball tonight?
William: [who isn't planning on going to the ball] er... nothing...
Jocelyn: Well, we shall cause a sensation, for I shall dress to match.

William: Oi sir, what are you doing?
Chaucer: Uh... trudging. You know, trudging?
[pause]
Chaucer: To trudge: the slow, weary, depressing yet determined walk of a man who has nothing left in life except the impulse to simply soldier on.
William: Uhhh... were you robbed?
Chaucer: [laughs] Funny really, yes, but at the same time a huge resounding no. It's more of an... involuntary vow of poverty... really.

Adhemar: And you are?
William: Well, I am, um.
Adhemar: You've forgotten, or your name is Sir Um?
William: Ulrich von Lichtenstein from Gelderland.
Adhemar: Well, I'd forget as well, what a mouthful.

Chaucer: You're good. You're very good. My lords, my ladies, and everybody else here not sitting on a cushion!
[crowd roars]
Chaucer: Today... today, you find yourselves equals.
[crowd roars]
Chaucer: For you are all equally blessed. For I have the pride, the privilege, nay, the pleasure of introducing to you to a knight, sired by knights. A knight who can trace his lineage back beyond Charlemagne. I first met him atop a mountain near Jerusalem, praying to God, asking his forgiveness for the Saracen blood spilt by his sword. Next, he amazed me still further in Italy when he saved a fatherless beauty from the would-be ravishing of her dreadful Turkish uncle.
[crowd, boo]
Chaucer: In Greece he spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound- of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily, and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein!
[crowd roars]
Chaucer: Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

Chaucer: I'm a writer.
Wat: A what?
Chaucer: A wha- a what? A writer. You know, I write, with ink, and parchment. Geoffrey Chaucer's the name, writing's the game. You've probably read my book? the Book of the Duchess? No? Well, it was allegorical.
Roland: Well, we won't hold that against you, that's for every man to decide for himself.
...and then we wrote. Oh, I forgot to mention that on Monday we watched Sinbad: legend of the seven seas, which was also hilarious, and soooo quotable! But since I've already spammed you with Knight's Tale quotes, I'll only give you one.
Sinbad: "I've seen the kind of highbred boys your kind runs with with. I'm the only man you've ever met!"
Incedently, Third World was the first person I'd ever heard quote that movie, which, given some of the lines, was disconcerting, to say the least. 

And on Thursday we roamed around the cemetery next to Moon Unit's house, and did more things which I can't quite remember at this time. Oh! We visited the house of Boudewijn, where I was introduced to lambs for the first time. :D 

Boudewijn is Moon Unit's Sunday School partner, and his family is heavily involved in Moon Unit's church, as is Moon Unit's family. (Wow, can I write convoluted sentences or can I write convoluted sentences? (And no, you don't get a picture of him or his family yet.)) I'm afraid I'm not quite as enthusiastic about fuzzy things as most everyone else- in the world- so I took pictures while the others squeed over the fuzzy bouncing things. *sheepish grin*

Here. *shoves pictures at you* See, fuzzy things!



4 comments:

Bahnree said...

They are very CUTE fuzzy things!

Chaucer is awesome. *less than threes*

Sinbad is an awesome movie. :D hehehehe and I love that quote...oh man.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha... 'sheepish' grin. I get it. 'Sheepish'. Cause, there's lambs. Baby sheep. 'Sheepish'. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I am so disappointed that you didn't pick up a lamb!! They are SO cute and fuzzy! They were soft weren't they??

So what is a knight's tale about exactly? I can't really tell by the quotes you used.

Snazel said...

I think the lambs were soft, I don't know, I didn't pick one up....

And ask Bahnree what A Knight's Tale is about. I'm too lazy. :D

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter