Tuesday, May 5, 2009

~I can't think of anything clever to put here~

Sunday, we'd planned for Moon Unit and I to go to Zaktrik's church. However, we didn't know exactly where it was, so he was going to stop by the college and pick us up at about 9:30. And then we would go attend his Anglican-Catholic church. This was a good plan, don't you think? Yes, a good plan. 

However, it was not to be. 

Zaktrik overslept. 

I'd like to be able to take shift some of the blame off from him by saying that the Augustine socializing of the day before had extended till midnight, after which he'd had to go home. I could also say that he hadn't been getting enough sleep for the previous six weeks of writing papers and exams, or that there was a power bump in the night- but it wouldn't make any difference. I could also point out that I haven't made a practice of attending liturgical churches, uh, ever, and that attending "normal" charismatic churches usually inspires panic attacks of some kind, but still.*shakes head sadly* The fact remains- he overslept. On Sunday. And we didn't go to church. We're such heathens. 

It's tragic, really. We had to hang out at the college drink tea, eat chocolate cake and leftover veggies from the dinner yesterday, and discuss everything under the sun, while lolling around the living room of a Christian College. The horror. 

Oh, we also took some pictures. That is, I took some pictures. It was very exciting. 

Zaktrik finds something amusing. 



TTGH is also amused. About the same thing? I'm not sure. 


Moon Unit watches the Serbians across the street. 


Laptop, tea, books, pepsi, quilts, bowl of strange candy, and sunshine. Still life with Augustine College.

And then later Moon Unit's parents came and picked up her and myself, and we went back to her house out in the country. 

2 comments:

Pine Cone Boy said...

I blame my alarm clock for not waking me up.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a lovely day, even though it didn't go as planned!

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter