Thursday, August 21, 2008

"I don't want to plunge to my death with uncoordinated accessories! People will talk!"

Ms. B's computer came in yesterday! I got to play with it. And it was lovely. 

A brand-shiny-new MacBook, and an ipod touch, all decked out with the latest software. If that does not rouse your salivary glands a little bit, I'm afraid I have to tell you that there is something fundamentally wrong with you. 

Kidding! Just Kidd-ing...

I recognize that some people don't find computer set-up fun. But I am not one of them. I got to set up logins, and partition the hard drive, and set up itunes and iphoto, and organize things, and sync the ipod, (which is amazing), and set up a back-up system, and generally poke around a beautiful new computer for a protracted period of time. 5.5 hours, in fact. 

Ms. B did not want to set up her computer all by herself, since she's not used to mac. So she picked me up from work at 6 and we started into unpacking and organizing. At 11:30, she decided that she was going to call it quits for the night. Silly girl. :P

It was very fun to see how everyone was fangirl/guying over the ipod touch. I've heard of what it can do, but everyone else who came into contact with it was astounded at its capabilities. It's Apple, what can I say? :D

Anyhow, we stopped setting up and such at 11:30, since it was backing up, and downloading a software update, and Kayla was tired. Then we went of a drive about town and chatted. Then, at 12:30, I really notice the time, and do some mental math relating to the fact that I have to be at work at 7:00 am tomorrow. Which is, 6.5 hours... *heart sinks* I guess I'm not getting a lot of sleep tonight, huh?

So now I'm tired, rather. But according to the business section of the newspaper; we're getting a Natural Gas refinery on the south coast, there's all kinds of drilling going on offshore, our MP is lobbying for a federal penitentiary in this town or one an hour away, and a mystery employer is recruiting over a hundred highly trained people in a town an hour away. Come to Newfoundland! We have jobs!

No comments:

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter