Saturday, August 16, 2008

"I'm just telling it how I see it-" "You need to get your eyes checked."

After stepping into a puddle up to my ankles, I realized that what I had forgotten to bring was my new work shoes. 

True story. 

However, the day decided to disregard that omen, and be a good one. 

The reason I stepped in the puddle was that I had just had an epiphany- of sorts. I've been feeling rather out-of-sorts lately. Wound too tight, if that makes any sense. At any rate, I realized that a big reason I was in that state is that I've just come up for air after working all summer, and slowed down as everyone else sped up. Most of my friends are getting ready for school, or getting new jobs, or going off to camp, etc, etc, ad nauseam.  Meanwhile, I'm not really doing anything. "I got 13 hours of sleep last night. Does that count?" *cough* Once I know where an emotion's coming from I can usually get my head around dealing with it, or ignoring it, which ever works. I therefore apologize, (once again,) if I've been weird to anyone. I do that, but nothing is meant. Anyhow, I had one of those lovely moments when a whole host of thoughts just click into place, and didn't tread the edge of the puddle carefully enough. *tsk* 

(For those who might have been worried by my previous post, I have no actual plan to shave my head. "I was being facetious. There was no call for it." )

1 comment:

Bahnree said...

LOL I am VERY glad the shaving-your-head comment was facetious. I was a little worried.

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter