Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Of innocence and homecoming

This year I've realized precisely how sheltered I have been. There hasn't been anything I've learned that I've been shocked to know goes on, but it's entirely outside of my realm of experience much of the time. I simply have no reference points for much of the "social interaction", (paugh!) that goes on with people my age. Despite not being the youngest, I am actually the most innocent of my group.

I'm fine with this. I've embraced my role as the "homeschooler from out east"! Fortunately, I'm the only one from the east, so I can chalk up a multitude of oddness to where I'm from. *grins sheepishly* However, I'm going back home in under two weeks, and I'm definitely not the clueless one there. It is quite possible that my siblings have changed while I've been gone, but still I'm not sure how everything will pan out. I've changed a LOT, and life has gone on in my absence.

The transition will be odd.

No comments:

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter