Friday, June 6, 2008

"It was- accomplished." "It was ironic."

Just a quick post before my brain gives out entirely. Not... that I am in any danger of that happening, noooo....

Fraulein and I watched Becoming Jane this week, which was very fun. I have to say, my favourite scene was when Jane talked to Tom in the woods for the first time, and lovely snarky dialogue ensues. I had been described as being like Jane, which concerned me just a little, but now I am secure. My, what with watching National Treasure 2 on the weekend, courtesy of Trapezoid, and Batman Begins last weekend, also courtesy of Trapezoid, I'm becoming quite the movie watcher! I have deemed this to be good. :D

Also, I went by the library today after work. I spent a lovely two hours sorting books, coming home with a nice clutch of them for my self, and had that counted as two hours towards my grant. Cheers! And yes, it is a Clutch of books, due to the fact that I have two Orwells, some Heinlein, some Pournelle, a brand new copy of Guns, Germs and Steel, some Tolkien, and a couple more that I don't remember right now. (All for four dollars!) Not quite books which sit tamely on your shelves. They ooze something at you. Not quite sure what, but something. :D Incidentally, I think the library board's opinion of me was adjusted slightly upward when I pounced on the Tolkien. And several people tried to ease my GG&S out of my pile, but I stashed it on top of a book shelf and emerged triumphant. I think the library should be fun. Hard, what with McDays as well, but fun.

Also, my ipod has finally been named. It informed me while biking home (on the Super Cruiser! :P Oh yes, I rock), that its name was Dio. 

And Mommy and Daddy and Sam and Gideon are coming home next week! Mommy will be here for two days in the early week as well! Cue the cheering and jubilant hysteria!

2 comments:

Bahnree said...

DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Let's be friends!!!! Dang I wish you had a computer so you could keep watching Last Exile...it makes me feel bad.

And I just can't talk about your books because I'm beyond jealous and I might kill you with my lethal words.

Snazel said...

*smug*

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter