Friday, February 15, 2008

All I want to do, is be more like me, and be less like you.

The sun is shining off the snow into my window, and I'm in a good mood. I tell you, calling home is a great invention.*laughs* In my last few calls home, I've found out an interesting piece of information regarding one of my siblings each time.
  1. First I found that PT is probably going to Dubai
  2. Then I found that Frauline is possible going to England for a Girl Guide trip.
  3. Now I find that my little brother Trapezoid (age 12) has joined Cadets, and just went to a dance.
  4. next time? (something about Slonner?)
(for those who don't know, that's descending order of age. I'm the oldest, followed by PT, Frauline, etc. )
I'm all grin-ny.

I've really been feeling stunningly incompetent recently; noticing my complete inability to manage money, manage my time, and behave in social situations... Don't you love it when you realize that you either annoy, frighten, disgust or amuse the people around you? I know I do.

But I'm better now. ALSO, I didn't do anything other than skip a few meals in three weeks, so I feel proud of myself. HA! Take THAT! *waves hands wildly*

Now Reading Week has begun. I have a vague idea of what I'm doing for my papers, and I'm making waffles tomorrow. It's good.

Oh, I love this quote. It's from the intro to Rich Mullin's Higher Education and the Book of Love. No, I love parts of this quote, which I have included here. Some other bits, not so much...

What does it mean to be human?
What does it mean to be human?
I cannot help but suspect
that at one time in the history of thinking
that people believed that it meant
that we were spiritual
that we could make choices
and were capable of aspiring to higher ideals
like maybe loyalty
or maybe faith
or maybe even love

But now we are told by people who think they know
that we vary from amoeba
only in the complexity of our makeup
and not what we essentially are

[...]

They would have us see ourselves as products
so that we could believe we were something to be made
something to be used
and then something to be disposed of
used in their wars
used for their games
and then set aside for we get in their way
well
who are they?

[...]

What does it mean to be human?
I cannot help but believe
that it means that we are spiritual
that we are responsible
and that we are free
that we are responsible
to be free

Anyways, better go do some of my work. *grand bow*

No comments:

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter