Friday, February 29, 2008

Isn't he cute? I didn't think so.

There is a preponderance of creeping things in our house lately. I've seen two of those centipedes in the past week, (more than I've seen since Christmas,) and I've seen more spiders than I care to count. *shudders*

There was a spider on my headboard last night. It skittered away when I turned on the light, but I know it only went to join its friends. *is suspicious*

Then, when I went to look for a picture of a centipede, I came up with this : A Case of Mortal Necrotizing Fasciitis of the Trunk Resulting From a Centipede (Scolopendra moritans) Bite.

This doesn't make me feel good.

On a completely different subject... I've heard this conversation at least four times in the past month.
Two people talking about Latin, or Philosophy, or Scriptures class, or some such thing. Person 2 expresses an unusual opinion, such as "they like Latin."
Person 1: "You're such a Masochist!"
Person 2: "What?"
Person 1: "Sadist? Wait-" Grabs Person 3, who is waiting for the kettle to boil. "What's the one when you like pain?"
Person 3: "Masochist?"
Person 2: "Yeah, cause Sadist is when you like inflicting pain."
Person 1: "Right. You're a Masochist!"
Conversation continues as per normal.
I guess we like defining terms. *grins*

No comments:

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter