Thursday, February 7, 2008

No, this. THIS must be what going mad feels like.

My Latin Homework this week is essentially directly from a tormenting spirit. It's long and nasty, and full of words that are not in our book's index. Also, it features the subjunctive tense. There are people in their third year of Latin who curse the subjunctive when they run across it. Moreover, we are in chapter 14. The subjunctive is in chapter 26. There are also tenses and various charming things from chapters 18, 19, 17, 31...

I thought last week was painful, when our translation included the passive perfect tense, (which we are 5 chapters away from.) However, I was able to understand it, and it ended up sounding reasonably coherent. Then we arrive at this week.

I don't recognize the words, or the word endings, and, and, and... *breaks down and weeps*

I'll have to pay in baked goods for some more knowledgeable person to walk me through it.
*grim determination*

Or I could just cry in Latin class....

No comments:

My fabulous life in Microcosm! No really, it's called Twitter. Good train, you should get on.

    follow me on Twitter